LABCORP DRUG DEVELOPMENT is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting a Veterinary Pathologist for our local Pathology team, comprised of three pathologists and two pathology assistants. Our site in Münster, Germany, is internationally recognized for its scientific and operational excellence in primate toxicology testing.
This is a permanent, full time position, with opportunity for growth and development, reporting to the Director of Pathology, Münster.About the JobWithin this position, your duties will include:
- Perform the microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissue sections from animals exposed to test materials and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight and clinical pathology findings.
- Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of microscopic, gross, and clinical pathology findings, while meeting report deadlines.
- Provide pathology support in the interpretation of drug-related toxicology findings in safety studies.
- Conduct formal peer reviews and review pathology narratives for scientific content and quality.
- Supervise necropsies and provide scientific guidance to necropsy technicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOP’s.
- Communicate the significance of pathologic findings to study directors, clients and other individuals.
- Ensure close interaction, collaboration and communication within the Global Pathology Organization.
- Promote the scientific excellence of the Labcorp Münster Site via publications as well as participation and presentations at international scientific meetings.
To be successful in this position, you will possess a Veterinary degree
with a residency in Veterinary Pathology
and national certification for Veterinary Pathology
. A Board certification by the European or American College of Veterinary Pathologists or a PhD
would be a plus. Additionally, you will ideally need to demonstrate:
- Strong background in Toxicologic Pathology with a few years of related experience .
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical drug development industry.
- Stature and expertise to provide consultancy for key clients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with pathology electronic data capture and reporting systems.
- Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to colleagues and technicians, and to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols, SOP’s and client expectations of quality histotechnology.
- Sound knowledge of Animal Protection Law, GLPs and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (both verbal and in writing). Fluency in German would be a plus.
- Limited travel within EU and to USA to Labcorp Drug Development sites, conferences and client visits.
Labcorp offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension. For eligible veterinary pathologists, support to pass the ECVP or ACVP examination is part of our development program. Labcorp Drug Development’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.