We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are currently looking for a
Traction Motor Design Engineer for our location in Vienna, Austria
We are currently looking to recruit a flexible and motivated Traction Motor DESIGN ENGINEER (m/f).
As per your daily activity, you will gain experience with engineering methods and practices for a complete building block and you will carry out design work and assist in specific tasks related to limited phases of engineering projects. In addition, you will provide technical expertise in support of other departments and schedule estimates on engineering deliverables.
- Perform motor mechanical design management (plan/do/check/report) and related R&D technical activities from customer requirements and electro technical design file, with respect to Design For Quality process and IRIS/ISO14001 standards.
- Deliver design file: 3D, drawings, motor sizing/basic stress analysis (with the support of stress and bearing experts), validation file, supporting analysis documentation.
- Manage functionally allocated industrial designers to perform design file, with respect to allowed budget and planning.
- Participate and manage the drawing design review procedure during detailed design phase and follow up related actions.
- Ensures mechanical interfaces and motor integration.
- Work closely with purchasing and industrialization sectors to involve suppliers in order to ensure manufacturing at the best costs
- Contribute to motor validation plan (FMEA, risk mitigation plan (mock-up, tests, ...)).
- Validate the customer drawings file and maintenance book.
- Manage design change and waiver requests related to non-compliances
- Support manufacturing, quality and purchasing sectors and participate actively to cost reduction actions.
- Contribute or manage trouble shooting actions.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Masters mechanical system design (functional dimensioning, norms and standards, bearing architecture, manufacturing constraints, material implementation, sizing)
- Skilled practice of design tool Catia V5, DMA design model management tool, Office system
- Ability to project management (plan/do/check/report)
- Working experience would be an advantage
- German and English language skills are mandatory for this role
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
The minimum salary for this position is 2.682,54 € gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.