We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Mechanical Architect/Senior Mechanical Engineer (m/w)
Requisition ID: 156245
We are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Architect/ Senior Mechanical Engineer for our location in Vienna, Austria.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Mechanical Architect/ Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the vehicle arrangements and the vehicle concepts of Alstom’s street and city tram portfolio worldwide.
• Perform the vehicle concepts and layout with highest possible standardisation and reuse
• Analyse all requirements and ensure consistent application
• Write and review technical specifications
• Manage the mechanical interfaces with support of other engineering departments
• Ensure a modular approach for mechanical design to manage the product variability
• Deliver activities at QTC targets and mitigate project risks
• Incorporate lessons learnt and best practices in continuous improvement
• Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar education
• Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in a similar domain
• Very good working experience in an international environment and across functions
• German and English – fluently.
The minimum salary for this position is 3179,30€ gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.