Technische Universität Dresden (TUD), as a University of Excellence, is one of the leading and most dynamic research institutions in the country. Founded in 1828, today it is a globally oriented, regionally anchored top university as it focuses on the grand challenges of the 21st century. lt develops innovative solutions for the world's most pressing issues. In research and academic programs, the university unites the natural and engineering sciences with the humanities, social sciences and medicine. This wide range of disciplines is a special feature, facilitating interdisciplinarity and transfer of science to society. As a modern employer, it offers attractive working conditions to all employees in teaching, research, technology and administration. The goal is to promote and develop their individual abilities while empowering everyone to reach their full potential. TUD embodies a university culture that is characterized by cosmopolitanism, mutual appreciation, thriving innovation and active participation. For TUD diversity is an essential feature and a quality criterion of an excellent university. Accordingly, we welcome all applicants who would like to commit themselves, their achievements and productivity to the success of the whole institution.
At the Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Institute of Automation, the Chair of Process Control Systems offers a position asResearch Associate (m/f/x)
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting earliest possible date. The position is within the research project EnSort – „Increasing energy efficiency in the waste and recycling material sorting process by increasing the degree of automation“ and is initially limited until September 30, 2025. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz - WissZeitVG). The project is carried out in close cooperation with the industrial partners Sutco Recycling Technik GmbH (expertise on waste sorting applications) and TOMRA Sorting GmbH (expertise on sensor based separation technologies) as well as other research institutes/universities (Universität Bremen, Ruhr-Universität Bochum). The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification (e.g. PhD).Tasks:
- Review of current literature in the field of information and data modeling as well as communication architectures for recycling applications.
- Quality and information value analysis for the existing data and knowledge bases
- Determination of the requirements for data collection, acquisition and storage
- Determination of the appropriate data and information model for the application
- Determination of the important interfaces between different software components such as database, digital twin, developed models, etc.
- Development of digital twins for recycling plants based on first principles and hybrid approaches
- Provide guidance on the implementation of the installation of data collection software on the system
- Development of "Design of Experiments"
- Development of the technical concept in the implementation of the developed models on the plant side.
- above-average university degree in the field of control systems engineering, information systems engineering, process informatics or related fields
- very good knowledge in the field of automation architectures and control engineering
- very good programming skills in common languages
- Independent, goal- and solution-oriented way of working
- Interdisciplinary and team-oriented thinking
- Confident command of the English and German languages, both written and spoken.
Are you enthusiastic about research and development work for digitalization in the process industry? Do you like to learn something new every day? Then the team of the Process Control Systems group offers you just the right opportunities. Our international team of process engineers, automation engineers, information systems engineers and data scientists is working on solutions for the future of the process industry. Further information on the Process Control System Group can be found on: Jetzt bewerben TUD strives to employ more women in academia and research. We therefore expressly encourage women to apply. The University is a certified family-friendly university and offers a Dual Career Service. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. If multiple candidates prove to be equally qualified, those with disabilities or with equivalent status pursuant to the German Social Code IX (SGB IX) will receive priority for employment.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents by February 15, 2023 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies), preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal Jetzt bewerben by sending it with the title “EnSort_Application, "your name" to Jetzt bewerben or to:
TU Dresden Fakultät Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik Institut für Automatisierungstechnik Professur für Prozessleittechnik z. Hd. Frau Doris Allstaedt Helmholtzstr. 10 01069 Dresden
Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website Jetzt bewerben