Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment.
As a Standardization Engineer, you will drive and implement Eaton's vision in selected national and international standardization committees for the benefit of our customers and shareholders. Integrated in the Standardization & Technical Office Team you will work with other international standardization experts to influence product and installation standards, helping to protect and improve our business and profitability. You will become one of those who are shaping the future of certain standards which will lead to better and safer products to satisfy our customers.
Your Key Deliverables
- Represent Eaton’s interests in standardization through active participation in national (OVE - Österreichischer Verband für Elektrotechnik) and international standardization committees (IEC - International Electrotechnical Committee, CENELEC - European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization) regarding product and electrical installation standards & regulations
- Cover product standards regarding Miniature Circuit Breakers, Semiconductor Circuit Breakers, Air Circuit Breakers, Molded Case Circuit Breakers and partly Low/High-Voltage Switchgear and Controlgear Assemblies.
- Prepare regular reports on your activities in the standardization committees and coordinate your follow-up action with the relevant Power Distribution Department units
- Knowledgeable about the relevant Directives of the European Union like the Low Voltage Directive and the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive
- Close collaboration with other major organizational stakeholders like Engineering, Testing, Product Management & Marketing, Segment Marketing, Business Development, Sales Organizations and even with other Divisions
- Provide proactively standardization expertise for the whole Power Distribution Division and support on latest Standards and Regulations requirements as well
- Prepare and hold information meetings and trainings regarding protection concepts and wiring regulation updates internally and externally
- Help to improve electrical safety and protection concepts
- Write and edit technical documents to communicate innovation internally and externally
- Receive and provide valuable information about intended changes in standards and precious intelligence on competitors strategic directions even years in advance and thus be involved in latest technology trends
- Bachelor's or master's degree in electrical or related engineering discipline
- Solid experience in the electrical engineering sector (preferably electrical installations and/or power electronics), experience in standardization committee work on IEC, CENELC and national (ÖVE) level (e.g. IEC SC 23E, TC 64, SC 121A/B) is an asset
- Knowledge about low-voltage electrical installations and its protection principles, basic knowledge about semiconductors and its applications, power engineering,
- Comprehensive MS Office package knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong analytical and organizational skills,
- English and German skills both written and spoken,
- Outgoing, proactive and curious personality, team player, flexible,
- Capacity to work remotely and effectively in cross-functional and international teams
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities
Our management style at Eaton is characterized by ethical, passionate, responsible, efficient and transparent action, we are constantly learning.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time