At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.
The IONOS Platform as a Service teams are seeking a highly motivated and experienced software engineer, to help build services for the IONOS Cloud customers in different areas.
The teams are development-focussed. In a Cloud environment, the customers expect API first self-service, immediate delivery and complete automation. Thus, our weapons of choice are GoLang, GitOps and CI/CD - not root shells and bash scripts.
Our teams are responsible for the entire lifecycle of the service: we build it, we ship it, and we run it. We are looking for someone to join our team and work with us on providing the best product possible. This role reports to the Engineering Manager: PaaS Network Services.
- Engineering and owning of Kubernetes and cloud based solutions.
- Programming in Go.
- Collaborating with an agile and self-motivated team of peers.
- Solving interesting problems in a dynamic cloud environment.
- Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems.
- Continuously improving our build, test and deployment automation.
- Continuously improving the quality and resilience of our services.
- Good experience developing, testing and deploying well-engineered code, preferably in Go (experience in C#, Java, C/C++ is sufficient if the candidate is willing to switch to Go).
- Basic knowledge of containerization, Kubernetes and at least one cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift).
- Basic knowledge of networking, especially load balancers and NAT Gateways in the cloud.
Furthermore we would greatly appreciate:
- Deep Golang knowledge, including profiling, remote debugging and mastering of Go tooling.
- Advanced experience in deploying and managing apps on Kubernetes, including helm charts and ArgoCD.
- Constructive contributions to design and architecture discussions.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting production environments.
- Experience building Kubernetes CRDs and operators.
- Experience with the Linux operating system, including Linux networking.
Reference ID: 2322