exocad is a leading dental software company, continuously pushing the boundaries at the forefront of digital dentistry. Founded in 2010 as a spin-off of the world-famous Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research and now part of Align Technology, we develop CAD software solutions for the dental industry. Labs and clinics in more than 150 countries rely on our software portfolio to design and create both functional and esthetic dental restorations. Find out more about us and our products at exocad.com
To strengthen our exocad Developer Team we are looking for you as a
Senior Software Program Manager (m/f/d)
The Senior Program Manager creates, manages and drives detailed planning and execution of a set of software product development and enterprise software developing programs and/or projects, on time and within budget and scope.
The main tasks may include
- Oversee multiple software development projects within the company as well as enterprise integration software projects within the larger cooperation and/or third parties
- Accountable for creating detailed project plans including research & prototyping phase, required input, resources (HR, IT,..), development phase, deliveries, rollout, etc. in close communication with the involved project teams and management
- Ensure program/project teams and management understand the objectives of the programs/projects and regularly communicate changes in an agile project management environment
- Secure commitments from the program/project team to be accountable for delivering on time based on the planned resources
- Drive and communicate program/project status, schedule baselines, schedule issues, project risks and major decisions. Create and distribute status reports according to the cooperation’s best practices and report timelines.
- Maintain intense focus on delivering to all committed milestones, identify and clarify required changes early, and hold the project team accountable, e.g. by holding weekly project status reviews
- Aggressively manage schedule risk throughout the project development life cycle to ensure on-time delivery
- Communicate frequently with program/project teams, peers, QM, SQA, legal, marketing, management and upper management to ensure sharp focus on executing to the delivery plan and timeline
- Ensure that the required medical device regulations and data privacy regulations are considered in the respective project planning steps through active communication with the respective teams for quality management (QM) and data privacy
- Keep the program/project teams organized and on track for effective implementation and delivery and implement process improvements where there’s inefficiency in the execution process
- Build capability within the program/project teams to accomplish the project goals and deliver the program/project results on time
- Follow up and maintain accountability of program/project success criteria post deployment
- Be flexible, a creative thinker, and highly communicative to execute to a timeline when plans do not go as expected
- Follow up consistently to ensure cross functional project teams are delivering against their commitments
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Represent the company projects/programs in company-wide and cooperation-wide meetings and events
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental, company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Senior Program Manager is expected to guide and manage a cross-functional team within a matrixed management structure and will not have formal direct reports. Locations of matrixed team will be spread across multiple geographical locations.
The personal requirements
What we offer you
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of project management in software development companies, e.g. product development and/or enterprise projects
- Experience delivering software projects including understanding of the full SDLC
- Experience project managing in strictly quality controlled and/or regulated environments, e.g. medical device development
- Experience working with agile teams and agile environments
- PMP certified preferred or equivalent certification (agile, etc)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to different personalities, audiences and stakeholders
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint) with the ability to write clear texts, project presentations and reports
- Should be able to effectively use project management tools as well as development ticket systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Expert understanding of product development and/or enterprise program management processes including but not limited to agile, iterative & incremental methodologies, V-Model, Shift-Left etc.
- Expert ability to create or adapt project management structures and processes within the company as part of a cooperation-wide program management environment
- Excellent English (verbal and written) as standard language for all documents and verbal communication in the international teams
- Good German skills (mostly verbal, at least B2)
Want to join?
- Exciting and wide range of tasks in a dynamic and growth-oriented software company
- Flat hierarchies and efficient decision-making processes in the company
- A positive working atmosphere that promotes both individual freedom and responsibility
- Strong team spirit
- Modern offices and cutting-edge work equipment
- Flexible working and home office
- Education and training
- Sport and work life balance
- Free drinks and snacks
- Canteen with company chef
- Corporate events
- Job ticket
If this position excites you and fits your qualifications and professional goals, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please use our online form to apply:
For questions, please contact us:
HR Department | Christian Agne | Julius-Reiber-Str. 37 | D-64293 Darmstadt
Phone: 06151 6294-133