At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Schenker Dedicated Services (SDS) Germany GmbH is a totally independent, non-asset based company, focused on finding the most cost efficient and practical solution for every transport and logistics requirement for customers in all industries. Together with its sister organization based in Gothenburg, Sweden, SDS Group represents the 4PL activities of DB Schenker in Europe.
• Being part of a global 4PL/LLP organization with a dedicated customer approach
• Managing duties with operational, tactical and strategical focus
• Lead the design and implementation of customer specific transport & logistics solutions in Europe and overseas
• Ensure continuous process and efficiency improvement / re-engineering
• Project management ownership and lead function
• Support the development and implementation of dashboards for internal and external performance control and improvement
• Support internal & external audits
• Manage master data and quality
• Execute required procurement activities > Tender / RFQ management
• Set up work processes and systems to enable operational execution
• Perform gap assessments and create actions plans to implement the customer standards/requirements
• Support and join monthly and quarterly business review meetings with the customer on regional and global level
• Manage internal knowledge transfer
• Drive business development activities
• Co-ordinate project specific cross-department collaboration to ensure seamless execution from operational and strategic perspective
• Being part of the group wide logistics developer forum
The Logistics Developer needs to have the capability to manage and lead solution design, implementation & change management projects within a global 4PL / LLP environment.
• International work experience in logistics engineering, implementation and project management
• Expertise in the international transport & logistics industry across all service mode
• Experience in working with logistics design tools
• Ideally a background in lead logistics or 4PL environment, unless compensated by a strong set of skills and references from other duties or industries
• Ability to work independently, accurately and constructive
• Preferably a Bachelor / University degree in logistics or engineering or comparable experience in project or logistics development
• Take ownership for agreed objectives
• Ability to drive change management
• Background in the strategical business planning and development
• Experience from direct involvement in tactical and/or operational control tower
• Comprehensive know how in the project & implementation management
• Out of box thinking with supply chain design skills
• Capability to manage cross functional teams
• Target driven personality
• Smart presenter with good communication skills
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office software, transport management systems and ideally ERP background
• Very good English skills
- Wir unterstützen unsere Mitarbeiter (m/w/d) bei der individuellen und persönlichen Weiterentwicklung durch eine individuelle Einarbeitung im Team, durch Seminare und regelmäßiges Feedback.
- Faszinierende Projekte und Aufgaben von der Planung und Umsetzung innovativer Ideen hin zu Großprojekten - bereichern das Arbeitsumfeld.
- Im Team erreichen wir das Beste für unsere Kunden, Mitarbeiter (m/w/d) sowie die Menschen weltweit daher ist uns ein angenehmes Arbeitsklima wichtig.
Chancengleichheit und selbstbestimmte Teilhabe Schwerbehinderter und Gleichgestellter sowie eine respektvolle Zusammenarbeit sind innerhalb des DB Konzerns fest verankerte Grundsätze. Deshalb werden schwerbehinderte Bewerber bei gleicher Eignung bei bevorzugt berücksichtigt.