- Database installs, upgrades, patching, security, troubleshooting and issue resolution, backup procedures, and performance tuning
- Advise on scaling our Core Database (Regions \ Availability Zones - bare metal installs).
- Implement backup and recovery processes.
- Optimize query performance.
- Perform database health checks.
- Plan and perform the database upgrades.
- Perform maintenance.
- Work closely with the application team to understand changes planned, perform an impact analysis, and provide feedback.
- Automate deployment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business you must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include nights, weekends, holidays, emergency escalations, etc.
- Contributes to our roadmap of microservice development in the design of new architectures and services.
- Experience with PostgreSQL version 10 and over in mission critical applications.
- Experience with PostgreSQL replication topologies, physical and logical replication.
- Experience with PostgreSQL HA Setups, e.g. Patroni, repmgr.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL backup strategies and tools e.g. barman, pgbackrest, wal-e/wal-g.
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL performance on bare-metal and virtual machines running Linux.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL monitoring using tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- General knowledge of Linux systems, volume management, filesystems, proficiency with bash.
- Knowledge of supporting infrastructure for Postgres, connection poolers and proxies.
- (optional) knowledge of Ansible automation.
- (optional) experience with PostgreSQL in Kubernetes.
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your application using the contact details provided.
The position may be able to be performed from a home office.
Reference ID: 2451