Are you a driven engineer, with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for Process Automation? Do you want to be part of a global leader in technology solutions?
We have a great opportunity for you! By joining our team in Austria as a Senior Control Systems Engineer, you will be a key part of our effort to bring our DCS based solutions to customers, focusing particularly on the Life Science/Pharma industries.
Working with the Engineering Manager, you will take ownership for the engineering of project specific Process Control System solutions within the applications engineering field, to meet the requirements of both the end-users and internal customers.
If you want to take your career further with a strong team, with the opportunity to help tackle complex challenges, we invite you to join us in Kundl, Tyrol! In this role you will:
- Interface and coordinate all technical issues relating to the project with the project team, internal and external clients.
- Work closely with the Lead Engineer in order to agree the course of action necessary to complete the assigned project in a timely and successful manner within the budget.
- Ensure that proper engineering techniques are employed by the assigned Project teams, seeking consistency and innovations for continuous improvements.
- Use your specialist technical knowledge to assure correctness of the software and the associated user documentation.
- Perform design studies, acceptance tests, commissioning support and trainings at customer sites
- Assist the sales organization in demonstrations, presentations and engineering estimates.Q
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred Electrical, Control or Process Automation Engineering.
- Several years postgraduate experience in a control engineering project environment and technical skills in control system hardware and software engineering (e.g control system design, control systems HW cabinet design and assembly, software system design, software implementation, software testing).
- Life Science automation experience is particularly helpful.
- Knowledge preferred: GAMP, Batch SW application, Validation and MS-Office Applications.
- Language skills: German – fluent, English – good (written and spoken).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others.
- Willingness to travel within Austria and to other world areas (e.g. Germany and Switzerland) for training or business trips or for longer assignments to perform design studies and commissioning activities on customer sites when necessary. This requires a valid car driving license.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Control Systems Engineer , you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
We encourage and support several Employee-led Resources Groups that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, among them Women Impact Network, LGBTQ A and Somos
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Learn more about this here : https://www.emerson.com/en-us/careers/diversity-and-inclusion
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.