Can you deliver quality and excellence to some of the most complex projects in the renewables industry? If you’re a project manager with a broad set of skills, confident with your customer engagement skills and contractual understanding then we would like to get to know you!
In Vestas, we power the solution – can you?
Sales > Region NCE > Project Management EE & Balkans
Construction is responsible for installation, commission and finally handover of wind farms to the client. Working closely together with the client and other stakeholders like contract management, transport, construction site management, and other supporting functions during project execution is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, efficiently and with a high-quality standard.
Your main responsibility is to create, maintain and propel project execution balancing scope, budgets, resources and timelines – as well as identify, document, escalate and mitigate project risks. Throughout the project it is important that you encourage safety behaviour and ensure adherence to regulations and standards on site. In addition, your responsibilities will cover:
- Act as the key contact for the customer interface after the handover from Sales to steer the resource planning and milestones needed for effective project execution
- Be an effective relationship manager for both customer and subcontractor across a range of subject matters, contract scope, budget, claim management. Handle the aspects of these subjects from both directions - customer/ subcontractor
- Hold a solid understanding of the contract, able to effectively engage on topics when required
- Ensure that your projects are cost efficient for the benefit of the customer and to stay competitive in the market & project planning corresponds with contractual agreements, following up on changes and involving relevant legal resources
- Align and sign off project scope with Sales including support during the negotiation phase
- Align and balance requirements within product, production, installation and service requirements
- Ensure continuous communication and update to all stakeholders using the agreed tools, identifying and utilising the correct construction technologies and guides ensuring that Vestas’ quality standards are met
- Continuously evaluate project and work out lessons learned, both during project gates and after milestones and delivery
You will likely have a Bachelors’ with potentially a Masters’ degree within Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or similar. You will come from a background of handling highly complex large-scale projects, similar to the scope of building an onshore wind farm.
In addition, you have:
- Significant commercial knowledge and understanding, comfortable in engaging customers in a range of contractual and commercial subject matter
- Relationship Management skills, both from customer and subcontractor interactions
- Contract management – you will be used to handling complex legal documents, proficient in understanding the commercial implications of contractual aspects
- Solid business insight/analytical skills and good understanding of the value chain
- Knowledge of modular development /modular construction projects and new product introductions across a global value chain would be a benefit
- Certified in project management tools e.g. Prince2, IPMA, PMI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or similar is ideal. Good IT skills and Experience with the Microsoft packages, SAP, BI or equivalent EPR knowledge
- Solid relationship management skills and ability to coach, motivate and direct people
- Customer focused and solution-oriented
- Significant abilities in taking a clear overview the financial aspects of projects and act on deviations
- Proven ability to work both freely and in teams in an environment with tight deadlines
- Open-minded and good at sharing and gathering information within a team
- Solid communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Willing to travel
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, innovative, hard-working and international work environment in the sustainable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
This role is located in Austria. 2.684,13€ is the minimum salary but we anticipate the salary to be much higher at the Vestas End.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 5th December 2021.
Do you want to know more about a Project Manager? Then Copy and Paste the below to see what Linda in Vestas has to say:
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels