Every generation has a right to safe food, and we support farmers to connect them to markets where they can sell their safely and sustainably produced products by developing and implementing farm assurance systems that are based on facts and recognized across the supply chain.
GLOBALG.A.P. is a trademark and a set of standards for good agricultural practices (G.A.P.).
FoodPLUS GmbH is a limited liability cooperation registered in Cologne, Germany.
It manages all company’s activities worldwide from standard setting through services for its partners, marketing, certification management to integrity and serves as legal entity to hold the international GLOBALG.A.P. and GGN (consumer label for GLOBALG.A.P. certified farms) copyrights.
For our Capacity Building Team we are immediately looking for a Project Manager (m/f/d) Partnerships in full-time (39 h/week).
The Capacity Building Team is responsible for the public part of the GLOBALG.A.P. Academy, training about 1.000 people every year on the GLOBALG.A.P. standard and related topics.
The team is also in charge of the Farm Assurer Consultant Program; Farm Assurers are independent, GLOBALG.A.P. trained and approved consultants who provide expertise to help producers implement Good Agricultural Practices.
Our activities form an integral part when working together with development organizations in worldwide projects to support farmers.
- Manage the relationships with our current partners in the development aid sector (IFC, GIZ, DAI and others)
- Connect with potential new partners for projects via proactive research and during industry events and conferences
- Design technical and financial proposals for acquiring new projects in exchange with our technical experts
- Project management incl. reporting and project accounting
- Work on continuously improving our services and solutions for supporting farmers in developing and emerging countries
- Vocational or academic degree in a job-relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the development aid or agricultural sector
- Proven track-record of acquiring new projects or project funding
- Expertise in project management and capacity building
- Proficient in English (C1 level)
- Ability to work independently, reliably, and proactively according to objectives and their priority
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills to challenge and add value to the Capacity Building Team
- Communicative team player
- Integration into a multicultural, diverse team with shared values and the motivation to have a positive impact on the world and our future
- Possibilities to grow professionally and personally by encouraging to take ownership for your working area and by a culture of continuous learning
- Highly flexible approach in working time to ensure an optimum work-life balance
- Free use of local public transport (Jobticket), share in Urban Sports Club fitness program, free coffee, tea, and water
- Central office location in downtown Cologne
- Holistic security concept in pandemic periods
Please have a look at our past projects: https://www.globalgap.org/uk_en/what-we-do/un-sustainable-development-goals/projects/
If you strive to be part of a purpose-driven organization, we will be happy to read your motivation letter expressing the reason you want to work for us and a CV summarizing your relevant skills for the position. Please apply via our online form.