ELEMENT Insurance AG is a product factory for insurance and a leader in insurance digitalisation. We supply our partners from various industries – both from an insurer, as well as a non-insurer background – with in-house underwritten insurance products, which they market under their own brand. Our modular insurance platform enables us to tailor-fit and supply these non-life insurance products in record speed.
Our diverse team with over 25 nationalities combines the expertise of the worlds of insurance and technology. At ELEMENT, we live an agile and empowering company culture to work on ‘the insurance of tomorrow’.
To support our continued growth and momentum, we’re looking for a Principal Engineer (f/m/x) to join our cross-functional software development team. Our ideal candidate is a dedicated professional, driven by the opportunity to revolutionize an otherwise repetitious industry
What will keep you challenged?
- Collaborating with other engineers on special assignments we consider foundation topics such as infrastructure, security, internal tools and quality
- Coordinating product and service architectures in order to retain a high level of consistency across functional requirements
- Developing knowledge of ELEMENTs architectural skills, domain knowledge and technical agile practices; so you will mentor and develop best practices throughout the various project teams
- Supporting and working closely together with Senior Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and Industry Specialists of numerous product delivery teams
- Applying DevOps/NoOps principles in an immutable infrastructure/infrastructure-as-a-code environment
What will make you succeed?
- You have undertaken the design and implementation of several complex systems and consider yourself to be a "role model" developer
- Challenges elate you, specifically regarding the scalability and security of large IT systems and you revel in the idea of using cutting edge technology to complete them
- You are a professional in distributed systems, domain-driven design, and event-driven architecture
- You are knowledgeable of Continuous Delivery in cloud systems (ideally AWS)
- Strong comprehension of DevOps principles
- Strong proficiency in Java programming with Spring Boot
- You are an advocate of testing and could name yourself as a software engineer in a test.
- A pragmatic and efficient personality: delivering high-quality work whilst keeping business value in mind
- Flexibility towards change, responding quickly and effectively to constructive feedback
- The ability to inspire others through actions
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional and you are able to captivate and clearly convey information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You prefer working in an Agile environment and are familiar with Agile Methodologies
- Eagerness to learn new things
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Node.js and React.js
- Finance or insurance industry experience
- The opportunity to be part of a driven and diverse team which is creating a measurable impact on the future of insurance
- An open and welcoming company culture, empowering you to freely grow and develop
- We openly share our knowledge - we are a mix of insurance experts, technology specialists and experienced entrepreneurs
- We have a dedicated onboarding process, enabling you to quickly thrive at ELEMENT
- A direct influence on our company and our products - we value your ideas and your input
- Plenty of perks including a benefits package, choice of computer, drinks and snacks, language classes, company-wide networking events and outings
Research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Meanwhile, women and other diverse groups often only apply if they check every box. So if you might have what it takes, but dont quite meet every single point on the job description, we invite you to get in touch either way and lets discover together if you could be a great fit.
We are looking forward to your application!