Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Mechanical Engineer (m/w/d)
Requistion ID: 163808
Purpose of the job:
Overall technical responsibility and leadership for the respective vehicle zone for the interior fit out of a passenger compartment area of our rail vehicles especially low floor & high floor trams. Design development based on maximizing existing equipment building blocks and following global processes and standards. During the design phase several interfaces must be considered, and information have to be shared or will be supplied by the mechanical/electrical architects, system engineers and suppliers according to project requirements and milestones.
• Assure correct technical reequipments are identified in project work packages (WP), project plans, including resource capability requirements, methodology and workflow definition for the responsible vehicle physical integration zone (VPI)
• Technically assure deliveries according to the project plan, milestones and budget of concept design, preliminary design and detailed design for the VPI zone. In addition, compliance with the current Best Cost targets for headcount and hours.
• Overall WPs activities and planning, progress monitoring according to project plan.
• Regular reporting to the functional supervisor and project development manager (PDM) on activities progress and potential issues
• Assure effective Change Management and Requirement Management in place.
• Assure proper links to other BT functions within Engineering, Procurement, Quality and Operations.
• Assure preparation of technical documentation for discussions with customer and suppliers, guarantee the necessary support to the LRV organisation
• Assist and assure design solutions, preparation/execution of various Design Reviews (internal & external) with focus on:
- Verification in function of the feasibility and production-requirements
- Compliance with global processes and standards
- Maximum re-use of existing building blocks
Have a completed technical education (HTL, FH, TU) in mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience
• 4 to 6 years of experience in integration design, min 3 years of functional work experience and team coordination.
• Leadership Skills to pilot up to 2 medium project teams, achieving project milestones and interfacing with different departments
• Detailed knowledge of Catia V5, PDM system (SAP ERP), MS office
• Very good language skills in German and English will be expected
The minimum salary for this position is 3179,30€ gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.