Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Requisition ID: 154902
We are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Architect for our location in Vienna, Austria.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Mechanical Architect / Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the architectural vehicle arrangements and the vehicle concepts of Alstom’s street and city tram portfolio worldwide.
• Develop vehicle concepts and layouts with highest possible standardisation and reuse
• Analyse all requirements and ensure consistent application
• Write and review technical specifications
• Manage the mechanical interfaces with support of other engineering departments
• Ensure a modular approach for mechanical design to manage the product variability
• Deliver activities at quality, time and cost targets and mitigate project risks
• Incorporate lessons learnt and best practices in continuous improvement
• Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar education
• Engineering experience in developing mechanical product concepts and layouts
• Talent and interest in working in an international environment and across functions
• German and English – fluently
The minimum salary for this position is 2.682,54 EUR gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.