Help us prevent the coming labor shortage disaster of essential workers in Europe so that everyone can get medical care by nurses 🚑, everyone’s trains arrive punctually 🚋, everyone's parents can get human elderly care 👵
In , we powered % of Germany's hires through HeyJobs.
Over . employers win their talent through our machine learning algorithms.
We positively impacted the lives of . essential workers by finding better jobs on our career platform. Learn more [Link Removed] .
With over €M funding and a team of +, we are expanding to revolutionize the European job market (from Berlin, Cologne and Vienna).
Join the HeyVolution. 💛
Are you a highly skilled engineer with a passion for leading and developing a team? Are you excited by the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects and drive innovation? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a talented and driven Engineering Manager to join our team and help lead our engineering efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of engineers and overseeing the development of complex technical projects as part of the [Link Removed] .
The Talent Platform team is building the next generation talent experience for millions of jobseekers. Your team will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining significant parts of our user flows, the underlying mechanisms that power them and helping us become the go-to career advisor for skilled workers. In your role, you will ensure that our systems scale to millions of users.
As an engineering manager, you will be responsible for technical and people leadership.
Check our [Link Removed] , [Link Removed] , [Link Removed] & our modern [Link Removed] .
🎯 How you can contribute to HeyJobs
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations of the solution you and other engineers develop
- Foster a culture of teamwork, knowledge sharing, and maintain great engineering practices
- Together with the team of engineers, QA specialists, and product managers, work on creating and maintaining systems and features
- Guide a team of engineers, help them grow and contribute to the hiring process
- Discuss business solutions with stakeholders and other engineers, propose alternatives, or validate existing solutions
- Ensure timely delivery of team commitments
- At least + years of XP leading and managing software development teams (+ engineers)
+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience in working with Cloud PaaS’es, preferably AWS
- Experience in working with React
- Fluent in Ruby
- Experience working with Scrum
- Proven experience in developing high-quality and high-performance web applications that run at scale
- Prior experience in coaching or mentoring engineers
- Team-spirited, proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Pragmatic, can-do attitude (you like to dive deep and get things done)
- Great English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in building Serverless Applications (AWS Lambda)
- Experience in Domain Driven Design
- Experience in DevOps/Infrastructure management
- Experience with Terraform
- Prior experience working in startup environment
- Create immediate impact by helping jobseekers find the right job to live a fulfilling life with the HeyJobs Talent Platform faster and easier, ultimately allowing them to use our services at scale.
- Plan and deliver on quarterly objectives and initiatives together with your team and in close collaboration with your product manager and other stakeholders
- Lead diverse technical initiatives in the team while delegating and coaching for growth
- Lead the team through scaling, technical challenges and architecture evolution
- Drive improvements in terms of monitoring, data quality and further resilience
- Help balance feature delivery with technical debt management and technical improvements
- Lead the professional growth of the individuals in the existing team as well as hire new engineers
- Collaborate with with your fellow engineering managers with regards to architecture evolution and general practice improvements for R&D
- Contribute hands-on yourself
- Enjoy constantly learning and growing with us
❤️🔥 What you will love about us
People & Values: We treat people in the way people should be treated, we bring out the best in everyone, we put our people first. Learn more [Link Removed] .
Work-Life Balance: holidays*, plus additional day p.a., minimum weeks work from anywhere per year and a -month paid sabbatical* every years, flexible work hours
Growing individually and as a team: step career framework, bi-yearly performance reviews, days of yearly educational leave & € budget*, HeyJobs Leadership Training Programs, in-house German classes
Benefits: € monthly allowance* with Ben Card to spend on something you actually need and want. HeyJobs discounts for sustainable products and services via FutureBens & more
Societal Impact Employee Groups: Follow your passion with HeySustainability, HeyVoices, HeySisterhood, HeyPeace or found your own circle
Wellbeing: free Mental Health sessions per year via Nilo.Health to enable every HeyJobber to connect with the right mental health solution for any mental health challenges they are facing
Events & Feel Good initiatives: Fresh fruit, great drinks, monthly team lunch, company-wide events per year, quarterly team events & plenty of feel good initiatives
Great offices with high quality equipment: MacBook / ThinkPad, Sennheiser Headset, screen for home office + additional hardware; HQ Berlin (Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke-Ufer); HeyHub Cologne (Design Offices Gereon), HeyHub Vienna (centrally located in Vienna) all with standing desks, hybrid set-up meeting rooms & AC - good public transport connections & great lunch options
At HeyJobs diversity and inclusion is key to creating a culture attracting the best talent and ultimately leading to achieving our vision. Together, we are different nations, % women and % female leaders.
We are explicitly not hiring anyone who discriminates on the basis of religion, national origin, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you. We encourage individuals from LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented groups to apply.
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin's best tech employers!
See for yourself: [Link Removed] , [Link Removed] , [Link Removed] , [Link Removed] .
*offers may differ for international hubs.