For our Power Distribution Division headquartered in Vienna we are looking for a
Manager Product Development (m/f/d)
Location: Vienna, Austria
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Manager Product Development, you will lead a multi-disciplinary expert team working in complex development projects supporting Eaton IoT (Internet of Things) and energy transition growth initiatives.
You will manage all R&D aspects of transferring innovative power electronics technology into a new product line of digitally enabled circuit protection devices.
You will be responsible for defining and delivering complete technical project scope from concept development through industrialization and certification by aligning project targets with other major organizational stakeholders (Product Management, Manufacturing, Supply Management, Business Development, etc.).
Your key deliverables:
- Lead and develop a cross-functional (mechanical/electrical engineering, electronics HW/FW) group of engineers that support the product line.
- Drive the development of robust concepts and product specifications, ensuring alignment with the customer requirement
- Provide input to technology roadmaps, product roadmaps and profit / project plans
- Determine and anticipate staffing and training requirements and take the necessary steps to ensure they are fulfilled
- Lead cross-functional team of engineers through the design and development process ensuring that Eaton's stage gate process and project deliverables are completed and adhered too in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage design work with other divisions and product lines and engineering/Innovation centers, as well as internal and external service providers/partners to meet requirements
- Drive use of senior level simulation methods, component, technology and process selection, DFSS and electrical, electronic & software standards
- Secure compliance with internal as well as IEC/UL standards and regulations as well as adherence of engineering processes to ISO 9001, ISO 14000 and EHS directives
- Provide and maintain complete engineering documentation for internal / external manufacturing sites
- Direct and approve design releases and changes for projects and the product line
- Demonstrate project issue resolution knowledge and effectively make decisions based on appropriate data
- Take a leadership role in identifying root cause of problems found, develop solutions, and implement changes for problems as they arise
- Effectively communicate expectations of performance and lead, motivate, evaluate, monitor, and develop the employees to ensure their maximum contribution to the achievement of the team objectives
- Build and maintain effective relationships with related functions
Do you have?
- Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics Master’s degree preferred
- Extensive experience in technical development
- Solid experience in a people management position
- In-depth experience in product development for electrical / mechatronic products & systems
- Strong technical attitude; product knowledge and knowledge of UL, IEC, EN, ISO standards
- Proven project management skills (classical, agile scrum)
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Fluent in and English and German, both written and spoken
- Self-motivation and ability to inspire teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate at all levels inside and outside the organization
- Working effectively in international and distributed teams
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Our management style at Eaton is characterized by ethical, passionate, responsible, efficient and transparent action, we are constantly learning.
The salary range for this position is above the collective agreement and, depending on training, qualifications and professional experience, is from EUR 48,500 gross annually.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time