At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Being part of a global 4PL/LLP organization with a dedicated customer approach
- Managing duties with operational, tactical and strategical focus
- Lead the design and implementation of customer specific transport & logistics solutions in Europe and overseas
- Ensure continuous process and efficiency improvement / re-engineering
- Project management ownership and lead function
- Support the development and implementation of dashboards for internal and external performance control and improvement
- Support internal & external audits
- Manage master data and quality
- Execute required procurement activities > Tender / RFQ management
- Set up work processes and systems to enable operational execution
- Perform gap assessments and create action plans to implement the customer standards/requirements
- Support and join monthly and quarterly business review meetings with the customer on regional and global level
- Manage internal knowledge transfer
- Drive business development activities
- Co-ordinate project specific cross-department collaboration to ensure seamless execution from operational and strategic perspective
- Being part of the group wide logistics developer forum
The Logistics Developer needs to have the capability to manage and lead solution design, implementation & change management projects within a global 4PL / LLP environment.
- International work experience in logistics engineering, implementation and project management
- Expertise in the international transport & logistics industry across all service mode, with extended knowledge on airfreight & customs
- Ideally a background in lead logistics, 4PL environment or consultancy
- Preferably a Bachelor / University degree in logistics or engineering with proven track record of similar roles - alternatively serveral years in supply chain or logistics development functions
- Experience in working with logistics design tools
- Ability to work independently, accurately and solution orientated
- Take ownership for agreed objectives
- Ability to drive change management
- Background in the strategical business planning and development
- Experience from direct involvement in tactical and/or operational control tower
- Background in the semicon & solar industry (not mandatory)
- Comprehensive know how in the project & implementation management
- Out of box thinking with supply chain design skills
- Capability to manage cross functional teams
- Target driven personality
- Smart presenter with good communication skills
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office software, transport management systems and ideally ERP background
- German and English (business)
- We support our employees (m/f/d) in their individual and professional development by a personal training within the team, by seminars and a regular feedback.
- We take social responsibility for our employees (m/f/d). DB Schenker offers a comprehensive workplace health management with programs for health promotion and prevention.
- As a team, we can achieve the best for our customers, employees (m/f/d) and the global community therefore a pleasant working atmosphere is very important to us.