Director Translational Science*
Permanent employee, Full-time
• Tübingen, Munich or home based (Germany) About us
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets. This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. Operating from Tuebingen, Munich and Houston, we are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer. For more detailed information, visit www.immatics.com. Overview
We are currently seeking a Director Translational Science* to lead Translational Science within the global Immatics’ Translational Development and Project Management team. The position can be located in Tübingen or home based (Germany) with regular presence in Tübingen.
Leading a small but growing team of scientists you will work with your team and various R&D departments at the global interface of non-clinical and clinical development of immunotherapeutics to translate drug candidates into clinical applications for the benefit of cancer patients. Your mission
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Drive the transition of our drug candidates from preclinical into clinical stage.
- Serve as non-clinical Lead covering all aspects of translational science during the preclinical/ IND-enabling phase as well as during the whole clinical life cycle of our immune oncology programs.
- Perform analyses on scientific advancements in the field and their impact on Immatics’ developments.
- Oversee translational research activities and IND-enabling studies with the perspective to manage external contract laboratories or even a small lab team. For example, evaluate combination therapies, next-gen technologies and co-medications and support their integration into our development strategy.
- Contribute to successful regulatory submissions, e.g. by authoring non-clinical sections in regulatory and clinical trial documents (i.e. non-clinical parts of briefing books, Investigator’s Brochures, Clinical Study Protocols).
- Oversee the non-clinical safety aspects for our development programs and organize and chair the Non-Clinical Safety Committee (NCSC).
- Serve as interdisciplinary expert for non-clinical safety aspects responsible for the setup of a comprehensive state-of-the-art non-clinical safety strategy covering all major risks and regulatory requirements.
Correlative Studies/ Biostatistics:
- Plan, oversee and lead exploratory analyses for planned and ongoing clinical trials.
- Perform sponsor oversight and quality control for the outsourced clinical data analyses.
You have completed your doctorate in the field of life sciences, medicine, pharmacy, or a comparable education. You have a relevant track record (8+ years) in immune oncology including experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, translational research and preclinical/ early clinical development, ideally in the field of T cell receptor-based immunotherapies and/ or oncology. You have adequate leadership experience and a strong science driven analytical and structured thinking, the desire and capabilities to translate cutting-edge science into drug candidates and clinical trial settings. You are open to dynamically adjust to requirements and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility. Why us?
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.