At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.
Cybercrime cases in the Internet are increasing and so do large scale DDoS attacks. Our defense services protect IONOS and our customers against attacks, theft of data and other Internet threats. We operate scrubbing centers around the world to provide terabit level attack filtering capacity and our distributed security platforms effectively leverage our own global Internet backbone.
As the Head of Defense Platform Services you will be accountable for owning the vision and roadmap of the IONOS defense portfolio.
On top of that, your responsibilities are:
- Lead a team of highly skilled and motivated security experts and team up with network engineers, information security, cloud teams, software development and sales.
- Create product requirements, develop the roadmap, design the competitive strategy, be in charge of the solutions throughout the entire life cycle.
- Work with the Senior management team to define the defense strategy and goals around DDoS solutions, web application firewalling and intrusion prevention.
- Work with potential customers and pre-sales engineers to ensure a successful implementation and delivery.
You have studied Computer Science/Engineering or have completed comparable education. You have a keen interest in security topics and have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of direct experience in network security as security architect, solutions architect, product management or senior network or systems engineer.
- 2+ years of initial leadership experience.
- Hands-on working knowledge of DDoS on-prem and cloud solutions.
- Experience with BGP, anycast routing on Linux systems and network routers. Web application protection, packet inspection and hardware offloading is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal, for both executives and engineers. English required, German is a plus.
- Like us, you are a fan of Open Source, especially Linux.
Reference ID: 2430