We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and diver less trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
If you are ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career in Engineering as a Functional Architect within FLEXITY (Light Rail Vehicles) in Vienna (Mannheim is another possible hiring location).
As a Functional Architect, you will be accountable for designing parts of the train control system (e.g. braking, HVAC, safety data recorder, obstacle detection, etc.) including subsystem interaction and subsystem functions. Since a train is a complex assembly of mechanical, electrical and electronic components the main task of the Functional Architect is to develop a System that covers Customer Requirements, standards and regulations and makes maximum use of AT’s standard building blocks.
The Functional Architect works in a team of Operability, Safety, RAM-LCC, Mechanical and Electrical Architecture to ensure the right Quality of performance on Time and on budget.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyse, consolidate and define the allocated requirements at vehicle and subsystem level
- Consolidate operational scenarios and operability requirements of functional features
- Define the appropriate train functional architecture to comply to the internal and external requirements including Availability and Safety
- Work out concepts and design, aligned with the team, to set in place the most suitable architecture fulfilling the needs and requirements
- Create functional specifications including derived requirement to the electrical architecture, train control and subsystems
- Subsystem integration by e.g. technical requirement documentation, Hard- and Software interface management, type testing
- Support validation of the functional design including preparation of test specifications
- Verify the functional design in course of the development process by simulation of functional models
- Manage configurations and changes to ensure integrity of the baselines
- Drive decisions to manage performance and prevent delays on the development schedule
- 3+ years relevant experience in functional engineering and system design
- Knowledge on software development, preferably train control, knowledge on subsystems like Brake, HVAC, etc.
- appropriate education, preferably Master degree in electrical or software engineering or equivalent
- availability for travel, up to a duration of several weeks for e.g. type testing at a customer’s site, training on the job
- Fluent in German and English incl. good communication skills
The minimum salary for this position, according to the collective agreement, is € 3133,87 gross / month based on full-time employment (14 times a year). An overpayment is possible depending on relevant work experience and / or qualification.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. Alstom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.