Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 2000 customers and a team of 200+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
Our talent platform team designs, builds, and runs the next generation talent experience for millions of people.
With our continuing growth and international expansion we want to launch a second team as soon as possible and scale up further.
Your team will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining significant parts of our user flows and helping us become the go-to career advisor for skilled workers. In your role, you will ensure that our site scales to millions of users and can cope with bots, crawlers and search engines.
As engineering manager, you will be responsible for technical and people leadership of one talent platform team.
- Technical Leadership experience combined with hands-on experience
- Strong willingness to become line manager of engineers
- Prior experience in coaching or mentoring engineers
Hands-on Ruby on Rails programming experience.
Hands-on React programming experience.
- Experience in building scalable production systems incl. Monitoring and automated tests.
- Great English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Pragmatic, can-do attitude (you like to dive deep and get things done)
- Experience working with Scrum.
- Eager to learn and grow professionally
Optional but appreciated:
- Experience in growing and leading engineers as a line manager
Typescript programming experience.
Hands-on DevOps/Infrastructure Management experience.
- Experience in DDD (Domain Driven Design)
Hands-on Serverless experience.
- Prior experience working in a startup environment.
- Create immediate impact by helping jobseekers find the right job to live a fulfilling life with the HeyJobs platform faster and easier, ultimately allowing them to use our services at scale.
- Plan and deliver on quarterly objectives and initiatives together with your team and in close collaboration with your product manager and other stakeholders
- Lead diverse technical initiatives in the team while delegating and coaching for growth
- Lead the team through scaling, technical challenges and architecture evolution
- Drive improvements in terms of monitoring, data quality and further resilience
- Help balance feature delivery with technical debt management and technical improvements
- Lead the professional growth of the individuals in the existing team as well as hire new engineers as needed
- Collaborate with with your fellow engineering manager colleagues with regards to architecture evolution and general practice improvements for R&D
- Contribute hands-on yourself
- Enjoy constantly learning and growing with us
Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more here.
Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
Remote work: 100% in Covid times, 3 days a week otherwise, several weeks full/year
Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+
Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
Career development: Clear 7-step career framework supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
Secure Job: Over 2000 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
Seasoned executive team: Serial entrepreneurs, prior experiences from Google, McKinsey, Accenture and successfully scaling several startups
Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals and more
Perks & Benefits: Mila health, weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
Great Office: Air-conditioned office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
🕵️♀️ Want to know more about us?
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin's best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin, Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
Check out our blog, LinkedIn, or our tech blog to find out more about us.
At HeyJobs, we believe that diversity and inclusion is key to creating a culture that attracts the best talent and ultimately leads to achieving our vision. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you. Quite the opposite, we hold this as one of our core values in #teamwork and are explicitly not hiring anyone who does not respect this.