WHO WE ARE?
The Lovehoney Group is one of the worlds leading companies in the sex toy market. We’re proud to promote sexual happiness and empowerment through design innovation, research development and great customer service. After an exciting 2021 merger bringing together Lovehoney, Amorana and WOW Tech, we’re stronger than ever in our mission to destigmatize sexuality and help more people to enjoy a fulfilling love life. Our award-winning, globally recognized brands include Fifty Shades of Grey, Happy Rabbit, Womanizer and We-Vibe. With over 700 employees spread over our offices in Bath and Berlin and all over the world, the Lovehoney Group is a market leader in the pleasure industry.
The Mechanical Development Engineer will lead research and development projects to investigate new innovative technologies and products for WOW Tech group.
- Concept, design, and build prototypes of new components or product concepts in the field of innovative drive train and sensor-based measurement and control technology.
- Develop measurement and testing plans (DoE) and analyze experimental data.
- Co-ordinate projects and working packages with our manufacturers in China, our sourcing, quality and compliance as well as testing and product portfolio management team, external contractors, research institutes and universities.
- Understand new product requirements to develop product concepts and performance and production criteria;
- Producing mechanical design specifications and detailed, final drawings using SolidWorks, including BOMs/parts lists;
- Validating design concepts through analysis of prototypes; developing test plans and documentation; completing and documenting results via test reports.
- Serving as Technical Lead for the Research and Product Development team on New Product Developments.
- Creation and development of a technical schedule covering all phases of new Product Development.
- Upload and release new product source files to PLM tool and management of changes to the product through Change Management Process (ECO/ECR)
- Working with Manufacturing to optimize material and process selection.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of work instructions
- May occasionally travel to production facilities and other offices for project support
- Other related duties as required
- Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years’ industrial, product or mechanical design experience developing innovative, creative, mechanical and electronic product designs involving various technologies
- Highly proficient in the use of SolidWorks design software including surfacing
- Experience designing parts and mechanical components
- Experience with plastic and rubber injection molding technology
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organized with solid time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as part of a design team
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills. German or Chinese language – advantage.
- The following experience is an asset:
- o Using Rhino as a modeling tool
- o Vibration analysis
- o Finite element analysis (FEA)
- o Electromechanical design
- o Introducing new products to manufacturing and working with manufacturing facilities in China
- Knowledge of the following is beneficial:
- o high volume manufacturing processes
- o design for manufacturing;
- o tool making processes
WHY WOW TECH?
- You will work for a global pleasure brand that is among the fastest growing in its industry.
- You will become part of a highly skilled team of international specialists and interesting people.
- You will be offered a range of personal development opportunities, including language courses and career-specific training workshops, and conference attendance.
- You will profit from a creative, knowledge-sharing, and stimulating environment.
- You will enjoy our light, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with all the latest mod-cons and refreshments on hand to make working with us comfortable and fun.