Would you like to use your skills to help 200 million non-academic talent across Europe to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use data & technology to match people to the right jobs and help them land their dream opportunity. With more than 3000 customers and a team of 300+ HeyJobbers, our ambition is to become the largest talent platform in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent job search a thing of the past.
🌱 Our offer to you
An impactful role: You are part of the Marketing Steering Team that is responsible for the flagship projects at HeyJobs. One of these projects is the Budget Distribution System which is the brain of our HeyJobs product. It is a multi-component pipeline empowered by ML that generates data required for all further marketing automation processes in the company. Within this role, you will be taking ownership of the work on the Budget Distribution System and other data pipelines and tools for Business Intelligence and Machine Learning, whilst taking the opportunity to define the tech stack and a suitable direction to support business features. You will also be involved in projects to solve scaling challenges related to growth and internationalization. You will maintain complex DWH models and logic that shapes inputs for the Budget Distribution System as well as keep adding new components to this and other pipelines. You will kick-off new greenfield data marts for the future ML/DS projects. In this role you will report directly to the Head of Data Platform & Data Engineering and over time you will grow to a people lead (Engineering Manager) by owning mentorship and developing your more junior teammates. Additionally, you will be a part of the Data Engineering Guild which is an internal group of professionals from various data teams that regularly meet to share knowledge and learn together.
Follow your own path: We have a 6-level career framework with equal paths for managers and individual contributors, including bi-yearly performance feedback sessions. You have the opportunity to develop yourself in any direction with a wide array of technologies and the support of senior team members & coaches.
A welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
🌎 A unique growth opportunity
- Be part of a high-growth startup with a proven track record and direct positive impact on society - a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer
Diverse Team: English is our working language and our team members come from every corner of the globe, working in a diverse, cross-cultural team. Amongst our team are 35+ different nationalities and 45% women both overall and 50% in leadership roles
Secure Job: Over 2’500 customers, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
Work-Life Balance: Hybrid working mode with 2 flexible days remote per week and 3 weeks work from anywhere
Perks & Benefits: €50 monthly allowance with Ben Card, urban sports membership, 500€ annual learning budget, a 1-month paid sabbatical (after 3 years), free seasonal flu (and COVID) vaccination, German classes, 6 free Mental Health coachings per year and much more
Great Office: Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets close by
High-quality equipment: Standing desk, Sennheiser headsets, Thinkpad/Macbook, Air-conditioned rooms, etc
🎯 How you can contribute to HeyJobs
- Help contribute to the technical ownership of the machine learning production systems that are central to our operations and competitive advantage.
- Own team's DWH and over time you will grow to a people lead (Engineering Manager) by mentoring and helping your junior teammates to develop their talent.
- Work closely with our development, data science, and machine learning teams to design and build the production systems that encapsulate and power these programs using Airflow, Python, and AWS components (Redshift, RDS, AWS Batch, EMR).
- Be responsible for the data pipelines so that our machine learning and other data services can easily adapt to our rapid growth.
- Be comfortable sharing ideas and discussing different approaches in an environment where your opinion has a direct impact, being part of our international, experienced, and highly motivated team.
- Be encouraged to work independently, using your conceptual and creative skills.
🤝 What sets you up for success
- A strong interest in understanding and driving the business meaning and impact of data
- Experience in applying best practices for data modeling and data architectures
- 3+ years of advanced SQL experience
- Prior hands-on Python experience
- Willingness to work with both SQL (~70%) and Python (~30%)
- Skills in doing data transformations with Pandas
- A passion for well-architected, testable, and documented code
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for detail
- The ability to work in a fast and practically oriented environment
- Pragmatic, can-do attitude (you like to dive deep and get things done)
- Willingness to learn new technical concepts and apply them
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
- Drive and ability to proactively assume ownership and work independently
- Willingness to mentor, coach and grow your more junior teammates
- A clear and structured way of communicating ideas
- Excellent English communication skills (German not required)
Technologies you’ll use:
- SQL, Python, Pandas
- Great Expectations for data quality
- Airflow, Datadog, Grafana
- Docker, CircleCI, Terraform
- AWS Redshift, S3, Glue, Athena, AWS-based Data Lake
- ECS, AWS Batch
🕵️♀️ Want to know more about us?
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin's best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin, Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
Check out our blog, LinkedIn, or our tech blog to find out more about us.
At HeyJobs, we believe that diversity and inclusion is key to creating a culture that attracts the best talent and ultimately leads to achieving our vision. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you. Quite the opposite, we hold this as one of our core values in #teamwork and are explicitly not hiring anyone who does not respect this.