AMSilk GmbH, headquartered in Planegg near Munich, Germany, is the world's leading industrial manufacturer of vegan silk biopolymers. With its versatile and high-performance biopolymers, AMSilk is part of the sustainable material revolution in various industries such as Performance Textiles, Medical Devices and more. With innovation, passion, and as a team, we create the first bionic high-performance fiber and improve existing medical devices to create new and innovative solutions. Our products are 100% biodegradable, fully recyclable, biocompatible and extremely versatile thanks to their exceptional mechanical and biochemical properties. Data Engineer Biotechnology (m/w/d)
AMSilk is growing. We are looking for a new team-member in our Industrial Silk Technology Business Unit.
As Data Engineer you organize and monitor AMSilk´s data collection, data storage, data mining and evaluation of all technical data with regards to protein purification processes. This includes in house development data and external manufacturing or scale-up data.Your Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you contribute to maximize efficiency and minimize the cost of the organization's protein manufacturing by enabling data mining, statistical relevant evaluations which are mandatory for to significant process improvements. You implement, organize and maintain in depth all necessary infrastructure, processes and tasks to organize the data. You will work cross-functional with internal and external managers.
- Design, development and implementation of a central database
- Implementation of a uniform data management system
- Maintenance, bug fixing and performance
- Implementation of a laboratory data management system including interfaces to equipment for easy data accessibility
- Qualification and implementation of equipment
- Identification of relationships/correlations between data sources
- Data analytics to identify gaps and potential data quality issues
- 3+ years of experience in data management and engineering using relevant commercial software / systems
- Master Degree in computer sciences or engineering
- Experiences in managing life science data and a background in biotechnology
- Ideally experience with LIMS software such as Benchling
- Strong background in Mathematic and Statistics is a plus
- Experience on commercial data platforms ideally with programming languages knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (German C1 / English C1)
- Keeps focus on goals in volatile environments
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in cross-functional teams
You have the unique opportunity to participate in the development, manufacturing and industrialization of a new generation of bio-based fibers and bio-based medical devices. We offer a challenging and versatile job with a new and unique technology. You will work in an interdisciplinary and highly motivated team on a variety of versatile and interesting tasks.