Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO. Please, no solicitations by agencies. Group Leader – Computational Chemistry (m/f/d)
Frankfurt The Team Dewpoint Therapeutics
translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates
are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. With deep and diverse expertise in medicine, biology, AI, chemistry, physics, and more, we aim to discover life-changing therapeutics for patients who currently have few or no treatment options. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
In 30 months, we have grown rapidly to over 100 colleagues and are truly global, with offices in Boston, Dresden, and Frankfurt and team members in five different countries. We are also diverse in many ways. From our recent DEI survey, 84% of the company responded and we are proud of what our team members shared:
- Together we speak 14 languages and come from 18 birth countries.
- Half of us are introverts and half are extraverts.
- We’re nearly split evenly between being reserved and being assertive.
- Two thirds of us like to ponder before making decisions and a third of us prefer rapid decision-making.
- We represent the full spectrum of gender identities and romantic orientations.
- 25% of us are neurodiverse or differently physically abled.
- We are nearly equally split between those who joined us < 7 months, 7-12 months, and over a year.
We are also uniquely accomplished in our careers before Dewpoint and in our work together. Collectively, our team members have brought 51 drugs to market and published almost a thousand paper. At Dewpoint, we have forged four important partnerships, including three with major pharmaceutical companies. We have raised $147M in venture financing and are making significant investments in our people, science, and platform. The Opportunity We are searching for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Computational Chemist at the Group Leader level to support our internal chemistry group focused on the discovery of condensate-modulating drugs (“C-mods”).
Through small molecule screening in a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays, our goal is to understand condensate biology and ultimately discover drugs that modify the composition, behavior, and functions of those condensates.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based at our site in Frankfurt, Germany. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.The RoleIn this role you will…
Requirements To do that you will need…
- Drive the creation and utilization of tools to visualize project data, especially structure-activity relationships
- Develop and implement computational and informatic approaches to drive HTS evaluation, hit-expansion, scaffold hopping, lead identification and lead optimization programs, including structure and ligand-based design
- Advance machine learning / artificial intelligence technologies in the field of drug discovery
- Gather, curate, and present literature data relevant to all projects, enabling better decision-making
- Be part of project teams and collaborate closely with adjacent disciplines such as biochemistry, structural biology, medicinal chemistry and DMPK
- Lead a small group of internal computational chemists
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
- A PhD in cheminformatics, computational chemistry, chemistry, or a related field
- 6+ years professional experience in in-silico drug discovery
- Experience developing and implementing cutting edge computational and informatics approaches in small molecule drug discovery programs
- Ability to perform complex data integration, analysis, and visualization to drive project team decisions
- Experience in analyzing HTS data and providing expert opinion on the screening performance, hit rate, and hit quality
- Experience with advanced cheminformatics analysis methods, machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies
- Experience building interactive visualization dashboards
- A track record of communicating scientific concepts evidenced by scientific publications in peer reviewed journals or presentations at conferences
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and to mentor and lead scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team