At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Schenker Dedicated Services was founded in 1996. Today we have more than 140 employees in Germany and Sweden. Our customers are geographically spread all over Europe. The Pan-European transports and networks bookings are managed from our Control Towers. We develop and deliver transport and logistics solutions that meet market demand on quality, efficiency and simplicity. We contribute to a sustainable development by offering efficient logistics and transport services with the least possible effect on the environment. At SDS you will be part of an international team delivering tailor-made solutions for our customers.
In the role of Business Analyst, you will work to ensure that our customers 'IT systems support the business' requests. You work in the borderland between business and IT and want to understand how things are connected. You will lead requirements analysis activities and ensure that there is a close collaboration with business functions, IT teams and suppliers. You will work with IT, customer representatives, operational manager and other stakeholders.
- Identify operational and system requirements for analysis and documentation
- Identify requirements, e.g. by leading workshops with customers, and then presenting them as user cases / user stories
- Be able to facilitate workshop with business and / or the customer
- Write requirements that are testable and cover all stakeholders and their needs
- Understand, clarify, question and document requirements
- Participate in the testing of developed functionality
- Follow up the implementation to ensure that the requirements are met
- Conduct active dialogue with various stakeholders about needs and solutions
- Coordinate the requirements between different maintenance areas and projects
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Logistics, Business Informatics, Computer Science, or related disciplines
- Relevant working experience in a comparable role (e.g., Business Analyst); previous exposure in Shipping or Logistics Industry or in a Supply Chain function is a definite advantage
- You are used to working in flexible environments and have basic knowledge in system and software development
- You have experience of working with external software vendors
- You are interested in getting to know the needs and processes of the business and you have ability to adapt to how new business and IT solutions work
- You have experience of working with functional and non-functional requirements and you can communicate about problems and solutions, both at business level and technical level
- You have a business-oriented attitude, take initiatives, and have a personal drive
- You are communicative and enjoy working in a team but can still work independently with your daily tasks
- Strong customer-centric service orientation and understanding of complex concepts
- Self-initiative, detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Fluent Business English (written and spoken)
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio, Project, etc.)
- You are experienced in working with EDI. There is a merit if you also have worked with Jira, Navision, or similar tools.
- Experience from complex systems with many integrations is a definite advantage
- We support our employees* in their individual and professional development by a personal training within the team, by seminars and a regular feedback.
- The national and international network with colleagues (m/f/d) at DB Schenker enables a professional and private exchange.
- Our employees (m/f/d) benefit from the food variety of our canteen.