Sr Technical Sales Specialist BioProduction - Purification m/f/d location Darmstadt, Germany Job ID: 174023BR
Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our industry-leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research, clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and significant impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join our Sales & Marketing team with an unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world’s toughest challenges.
The BioProduction Group (BPG) is one of the fastest growing businesses in the company, supporting developers and manufacturers of biological-based therapeutics and vaccines. With over $1 billion in annual revenue, our portfolio of best-in-class products span the bioprocessing workflow from discovery through large-scale commercial production. Our business is driving performance in bioprocessing through collaboration with our customers. The full strength of our capabilities is realized when integrated together in our customers' workflows to enable them to simplify their operations and optimize processes and resources.How will you make an impact?
The Senior Technical Sales Specialist BioProduction, Purification will be responsible for development execution of the Purification Business (Capture Select and POROS technologies) in the Central region. The goal is to develop a business plan, mid and long-term objectives, sales strategy, pricing strategy and customer satisfaction goals and operate at a senior level in the customer organization.
This position is field-based, with a remote home office location convenient to reach all customers within the assigned sales territory. What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Based on profound knowledge of Pharma/BioPharma Downstream (DSP) Development and Manufacturing, develop and execute business objectives to continue and expand the Thermo Fisher footprint in DSP.
- Influence the use and evaluation of CaptureSelect and POROS Industrial chromatography resins in DSP development groups of Pharmaceutical and Biotech organisations to ensure that Thermo Fisher resins get chosen for use in the purification of clinical biopharmaceutical candidates.
- The role requires selling at all levels with technical, manufacturing and commercial stakeholders, all requiring a distinct sales approach in these organisations.
- Handle accounts with key influencers based in the region, some of which span to other global geographies, working closely with Bioproduction Accounts managers, senior Thermo Fisher Core and Corporate Account managers.
- Together with the Business Manager, build and execute a plan for market development in the region.
- Develop new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed targets. Maintain and grow business within existing key accounts.
- Provide accurate forecast and lost order reporting as well as competitive information on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all vital resources needed are used efficiently and effectively
- Co-ordinate all issues with key clients between sales, support, customer services, marketing and finance.
B.Sc or higher degree in Life Science or relevant science subject
- Experience in a commercial role
- Profound knowledge of Pharma/BioPharma Downstream Process Development and Manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Consistent track record of establishing goals and achieving results
- Highly-motivated and well organized self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, ability to influence and work through networks, ability to manage business remotely
- Experience of using a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Open to travel extensively within the region
- Business fluent in English and German
We are offering an employment with an innovative, future-oriented organisation with outstanding career and development prospects and an exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity and innovation. The role comes with a competitive salary plan, company pension scheme, company car and further employee benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accomodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job function, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accomodation.