Software Developer (m/f)
Ref. No. 16-003004
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, and the UK.
We are looking for talented Software Developers with competencies in related technologies, to join our ground software systems development group in Darmstadt, Germany.
Your tasks will include the following:
- Software design to implement features according to formal specifications;
- Investigation of software technologies and methods for potential use, with prototyping when needed;
- Implementation of software following modern, professional software engineering standards and methods;
- Unit and component testing the implemented software
- Delivering the software to agreed timescales and quality
Additional responsibilities may include:
- User requirement analysis and software requirements specification
- Architectural Design
- Integration Testing
- Acceptance Testing
This is a full time position, located at our office in Darmstadt, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
Qualifications & Competencies
You will have a university degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject, and demonstrable experience in the required competencies.
- Java / C++ programming language
- Object-oriented design and programming methods
- Client / server applications programming
- Eclipse IDE
- Linux, as a software developer
- Source code configuration (Subversion and/or Git)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) for documentation
- Software building
- Eclipse RCP applications development
- Software modelling using UML
- OSGi-based component frameworks, such as Apache Felix, Apache Karaf
- JavaFX and FXML
- Message-oriented middleware technologies (JMS and related implementations such as Apache ActiveMQ)
- Relational databases (MySQL, Oracle) and SQL
- XML, XPath, XSLT and associated technologies
- Software development processes and lifecycles
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development
In addition, you should have the following characteristics:
- Good written and verbal communication and team working skills
- Able to work in an organized, systematic and disciplined manner, in particular in relation to applying engineering standards and methods
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player, able to work independently
The working language is English. Fluent spoken and written English is required.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the 'best-in-class' solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
For further information, please contact Mrs. Raluca Moise by telephone [+49 6151 860050] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the link below with a Cover Letter and a up-to-date Curriculum Vitae in Europass format (europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home)
Closing date: 15th January, 2017
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.