Application Architect (IT Architect, f/m) --- IKEA
Application Architect (IT Architect)
Architecture – Business Solutions Group Functions
Located either in Hofheim-Wallau (Germany) or in Malmö (Sweden)
IKEA is on an exciting growth journey in order to become more accessible to the many people.
We are investing heavily in developing IKEA towards the future.
This means for example delivering one of the world's biggest multichannel programs.
It also means developing a number of solutions to meet the needs of our customers and co-workers today and tomorrow.
IKEA Business Solutions will support this journey by delivering new, customer-focused solutions
and making sure that existing solutions are relevant and available.
We empower our co-workers, customers and suppliers with the right solutions to contribute to a growing IKEA.
About the job
For our branch office either in Hofheim-Wallau (Germany) or in Malmö (Sweden) we are looking for an Application Architect (f/m)
dedicated to the area “Perform and Report Financial Activities” at Business Solutions Group Functions.
The purpose of this area is to create a basis for decision-making and internal control, and to provide financial information
about the IKEA Group and its subsidiaries by recording and reporting business transactions and commitments
as well as executing the underlying monetary flows.
The Architecture team at Business Solutions Group Functions consists of Business, Information and Application Architects
and is an integral part of IKEA's global Business Solutions organization.
We are responsible for defining and enforcing architecture across different Business Solution areas.
The position reports to an Architecture Team Leader at IKEA Services AB.
- Lead the application architecture activities within the area and be responsible for establishing architecture decisions and providing guidance to secure a holistic architecture aligned with both enterprise guidelines and other areas.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the requirements to create the area architecture vision, shape ideas into current state, future state, its transition states and roadmaps to guide the detailed design and delivery of business solutions.
- Lead the work in creating the architecture that steers programme/projects by following architecture standards, area blueprints to enable the fulfilment of the functional and non-functional requirements in the solution.
- Guide the scoping of business solution transformational activities and create alignment with the architecture area roadmaps.
- Lead the work with “one architecture” development and implementation as well as keep updated on the industry movement and maintaining networks within the area.
- Several years of working experience in Information Technology and experience in Application Architecture preferably in a retail environment.
- Solid understanding of architecture frameworks such as The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), development of IT Architectures using architecture methods and modelling techniques.
- You should be familiar with the most emerging Financial Management concepts, industry standards and trends
(application architecture concepts and reference architectures) enabling state-of-the-art work financial management solutions:
- Financial Management standard application packages (e.g. Oracle, SAP, MS Dynamics)
- With core financial processes such as Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report, and Manage Settlements
- Implementing enterprise-level IT Strategies is essential, preferably within the Retail Finance area
- Experience in payment solutions and treasury-related solutions is of benefit
- An understanding of the key business issues/drivers that result in clients pursuing IT transformation programs; i.e. a sound grasp of the business.
- Extensive experience in contributing to and leading major financial transformations, i.e. guiding organizations through a process standardisation and application harmonisation; replacing legacy with standard applications.
- A background in designing and delivering IT architectures to support end-to-end business processes.
- An understanding of the functional, application and technical architectural elements of a standard finance solution.
- Experience of operating and implementing in a cloud environment and understanding the impact of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise.
- Good leadership, communication skills and ability to work across functions.
- Excellent communication skills in written/spoken English.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace.
And as the world's leader at life at home, we offer you exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us!
You share the IKEA vision and ideas and have the desire to develop the business.
Together with your colleagues you contribute to an environment where people work in the spirit of togetherness.
Please send us your
in English as soon as possible, however not later than 31st of December 2016,
stating your salary expectation and your earliest possible entry date.
Handicapped persons with equal qualification will be preferred.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our Recruitment Specialist,
Gaëlle Bulligan at
or the Architecture Team Lead, Philipp Scherf at
If you want to be part of something big, this could be the right challenge for you.
We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
*Application Architecture Conceptual and Reference Architectures Industry Standards and Trends Retail Finance Financial Management Order to Cash Purchase to Pay Record to Report Manage Settlements Treasury Management Systems / Inhouse Bank Cloud Computing * IT- Architekt IT-Architektur Anwendungsarchitektur Informatiker Informatik Fachinformatiker Wirtschaftsinformatiker Wirtschaftsinformatik Fachinformatik IT-Manager IT-Management Leitung Leiter IT-Leitung IT-Leiter IT-Projektmanagement Informationstechnik Anforderungsmanagement Systemarchitektur Data-Warehouse-System IT-Entwicklung Softwareentwicklung IT-Services IT-Dienstleistungen IKEA IT Germany GmbH 65719 Hofheim-Wallau Taunus Hessen Frankfurt am Main Malmö Schweden ax60079by